Uniform and shoes can be purchased from local uniform suppliers:
Please click on the underlined words below for links to the suppliers and examples of Derby Shoes
Blazers can also be purchased from supermarkets or department stores (Badges are available to purchase from the main school office)
- Navy Blue Blazer with Derby High School badge
- White shirt
- School Tie
- Black trousers. Not skin tight or cropped. Not denim material.
- V-neck Navy school pullover (optional for winter months with no logo or print)
- Practical outdoor coat or anorak – No fashion items including leather, denim or sweatshirts/hooded tops, bandanas or baseball caps. Outdoor clothing should not be worn when inside the school building.
- Shoes – Plain black practical leather (not canvas shoes or pumps, trainers/material sports shoes). Students wear their footwear five days a week. It is important that they are suitable and sturdy. No logos or brightly coloured laces.
- Socks – Dark coloured
- Jewellery – No jewellery with the exception of a wristwatch and for students with pierced ears one pair of studs are permitted. This means one stud worn in the lower part of each ear lobe as a pair. The earrings can only be of a ‘straight post’ design and discreet in size. No form of hoop can be worn. No other piercings are allowed. If you need any clarification, please contact the school.
- Hairstyles – Extreme hairstyles or unnatural colours are not permitted. Fully shaven heads or parts of heads/shaved patterns/lines in hair or eyebrows are not permitted. If religious headwear is worn, it should be plain black or navy blue.
Physical Education And Sports
- Navy blue T- Shirt with white sleeves Yr 7 & 8. Blue and White stripes football shirt Y9, 10 & 11. Year 9 & 10 can wear the new PE top as an alternative to the blue and white top.
- Football socks Navy blue
- Navy blue shorts or tracksuits bottoms, with the Derby High School logo on.
- Tracksuit Jacket with The Derby High School logo on.
- Trainers suitable for indoor and outdoor physical activity
- Football boots (optional for outdoor activities)
Year 11 can wear the new kit or below:
- Football shirt – blue and white vertical stripes
- Football socks – royal blue
- Royal blue shorts
- Navy blue or black plain tracksuit trousers and sweatshirt/jumper may be also be worn for warmth
- Football boots
- Trainers or sports shoes (for indoor PE or on the tennis courts)