Uniform and shoes can be purchased from local uniform suppliers:
Please click on the underlined words below for links to the suppliers and examples of Derby Shoes
Blazers can also be purchased from supermarkets or department stores (Badges are available to purchase from the main school office)
- Face coverings MUST be worn in all communal areas of the school
- Navy Blue Blazer with Derby High School badge
- White shirt
- School Tie
- Black Trousers. These must not be skin-tight. They should not be made of lycra or denim material and should be full length and not above the ankle. Leggings are not allowed.
As an alternative to wearing trousers a School Skirt can be worn. These school skirts have The Derby High School logo DHS and are available from the uniform suppliers. Girls in year 7-10 must wear a DHS skirt if they want to choose the skirt option.Year 11 girls can wear a black skirt, but these skirts must not be skin-tight and must not have splits. Yr. 11 skirts must not be made of lyrca or denim material.
- V-neck Navy plain pullover (optional for winter months with no logo or print)
- Practical outdoor coat or anorak – No fashion outer wear including leather, denim, sweatshirts/hooded tops, bandanas or baseball caps. Outdoor clothing should not be worn when inside the school building.
- Shoes – Plain black practical leather (not canvas shoes, trainers/ material sports shoes). No logos, oversized buckles or metal detailing or brightly coloured laces. Fashion shoes e.g. high heels, open toes or slip on shoes are not suitable.Boots or shoes above the ankle should not be worn if wearing a skirt. Students wear their footwear five days a week. It is important they are suitable and sturdy.
- Tights/socks – Black tights or plain white or black socks between ankle and knee length. No patterned tights.
- Jewellery – No jewellery with the exception of a wristwatch and for students with pierced ears one pair of studs are permitted. This means one stud worn in the lower part of each ear lobe as a pair. The earrings can only be of a ‘straight post’ design and discreet in size. No form of hoop can be worn. No other piercings are allowed. If you need any clarification, please contact the school.
- Make –up – If worn must be subtle and natural in colour. No nail varnish/ gel or false nails.
- Hairstyles – Extreme hairstyles or unnatural colours are not permitted. Fully shaven heads and fully shaven parts or shaved patterns or lines in hair or eyebrows are not permitted. If religious headwear is worn, it must be plain black or navy blue. Hair accessories if worn should be subtle and black or navy blue.