We are looking forward to welcoming all students who will be starting with us at The Derby High School.
Key information about the day is as follows:
- Students should wear their current school uniform and bring a pair of trainers for PE activities.
- They should arrive from 8.45am and be in the main school hall for a 9 am start.
- If they are arriving by car they must alight at the school gate and walk down the path to the main entrance – staff will be on hand to guide and support them.
- The day will end at 2.30pm when they will walk back up to the gate – once again staff will be around to support them leaving site.
- If students wish to leave site with a sibling they should return to the school hall at the end of the day. They will be supervised until their sibling collects them.
- If they will be using the school bus to get home they will need a bus pass or the fare in cash.
- We will provide all students with lunch but please ensure that they bring a bottle of water with them. You may provide your child with a packed lunch if you prefer.
- During the day they will take part in a variety of engaging activities and experience some high school lessons, They will also be shown around the school.
Induction Evening 2022
This is a very important evening when parents and students will meet members of our staff team prior to being given information about our school and what to expect in September. School rules, procedures and any queries you may have can all be answered on this evening. Uniform suppliers will also be in attendance on the evening.
Student Enrolment – Application
This year we have opted to use an online system to obtain all the necessary information required to complete your child’s enrolment.
Prior to the induction evening you will receive a link via email inviting you to complete your students profile on our partnered system, Applicaa. During the induction evening there will be a stall dedicated to helping you access and navigate the Applicaa system.
My colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you personally to our school.